Dear Friends in Christ,
At the bottom of this post, please find links to the application form for The Rev. Dr. William M. James Family Memorial Scholarship Fund established by the generosity of his friends after his passing. Dr. James had hoped that this scholarship would be able to encourage young people who aspire to be agents for the transformation of the world.
Limited funds are available for those persons who will be attending an accredited institution of higher education, have leadership potential and some level of financial need.
They must be recommended by their pastor, a lay person who is a leader in the local church, and a teacher or professor.
All candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Membership in a church in the New York Annual Conference; and
- Enrollment in a program at an accredited college or university approved by the Scholarship Committee.
- Full time student for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
The Scholarship Committee will NOT review applications from persons who:
- Are not members of churches in the New York Annual Conference.
- Are pursuing additional advanced degrees (i.e. second master’s degree or doctoral degree); and
- Are not pursuing programs that will lead to a degree or certificate.
- Do not submit the application by the deadline.
The deadline for 2016 – 2017 academic year scholarship applications is May 13, 2015 at 12 Noon if hand delivered or emailed. The application must be postmarked May 12th, 2015 if using the US Postal Service, Fed Ex, or UPS.
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered. All reference letters must come by separate cover and be mailed separately. (Your application will not be denied if we do not receive a reference letter from your pastor, church lay leader or teacher or professor as long as we have their contact information.)
Feel free to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (212) 870-3094, if you have any questions or need any further information concerning the Scholarship Fund.
Reverend Dr. William S. Shillady
Member of the committee